Benefit of Bank Account Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
If you also have the distinction of becoming a daughter’s father, this news is for you. To improve the future of daughters, the Modi government launched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana a few years ago. The scheme has proved to be very popular since its launch. The fact of the scheme is that any person who has a maximum of 2 daughters younger than 10 years can make the daughter’s future brighter with an investment of just Rs. 250. In other words, it can earn a rough investment with an investment of Rs. 10 per day only.
The special scheme has been launched with the objective of providing financial resources for better future and upbringing and marriage of daughters. If your home has a daughter under 10 years of age, then in his name, you can open an account under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. Will have to go to the bank or post office and give his birth certificate. At the same time, the guardian will have to submit his photograph, address and identity certificate. Investing in this scheme of the government gives you better returns as well as tax saving benefits. Benefit of Bank Account Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
Know the benefits of the scheme: You can also save Rs 10 every day and make the future of Bitia
How much minimum balance required to open Sukanya Account:
Open Sukanya Account from Rs 250: You can open a Sukanya account through any post office and bank across the country. The main thing is that you can open an account with an amount of at least Rs. 250. Will have to go to the bank or post office and give his birth certificate. At the same time, the guardian will have to submit his photograph, address and identity certificate. You can also deposit more money if you want. The maximum investment limit under the scheme is Rs 1.5 lakh. Here you have to invest for 21 years.
How long will the investment have to be:
The account can be opened before the child is 10 years old. The amount has to be deposited in the account for the initial 14 years. The scheme is a maturity after 21 years. That means you can withdraw money only after 21 years. However, after the age of 18, if the daughter is married, they can withdraw money. In addition, after the age of 18, you can withdraw up to 50 per cent of the daughter’s studies.
Tax Exemption: Tax exemption can be availed under section 80C of the Income Tax Act on investment in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. The amount that is received on maturity does not attract tax. It gets more interest than all other schemes. Can save for higher education and marriage of the child.
Some terms and conditions:
- On completion of 21 years from the opening day of the account, the account becomes sure, but the condition is that if the daughter’s marriage is done before the account is completed for 21 years, the account has to be closed there. Further operations are not allowed.
- Earlier only two daughters could have been opened, but now you can open three accounts. He will have to give an affidavit with a berth certificate.
- Now, the third account in the name of the daughter can be opened as the second birth of twin girls or if three girls are born in the first birth.
- If Rs. 250 is not deposited in the account annually, it will be assumed to be the default account but the rate of interest in that account under the scheme will continue to be added to the existing deposit amount.
- The daughter will not be allowed to assume an SSY account until she is 18 years old (the first age limit was 10 years)
100% security guarantee from government side
- Even after maturity, the deposit will continue to receive the same interest amount until the account is closed.